At Madison Health, medical social workers are an essential part of our hospital team.
Medical social workers help patients and their families cope with the social and emotional concerns
that accompany diagnosis and treatment of many illnesses or disorders.
Medical social workers can also:
- Assist patients and families with adjusting to illness and hospitalization
- Assist patients with financial concerns
- Mediate in crisis situations
- Provide information and referrals on community resources, agencies and services
- Help with grief, loss and bereavement issues
- Assist in discharge planning
- Assist with placement in a nursing home, rehabilitation facility or assisted living
- Arrange for in-home services/referrals
- Arrange for home medical equipment supplies
- Assist with Advance Directives such as living wills, durable power of attorneys, power
- Assist in protection of persons of all ages