Over 50 Madison County Hospital employees were recently recognized at the annual Employee Recognition Dinner.
Over 50 Madison County Hospital employees were recently recognized at the annual Employee Recognition Dinner held at the Brennan Loft in downtown London. The evening celebrated service milestones, 2008 "Employee of the Month" recipients and awards for exceptional service.
"Employee of the Month" recipients were: Michelle Bierbaugh, Melinda Freeman, Mary Jackson, Barbara Lindsay, Brenda McNeal, Dwayne Presley, Nadene Schlosser, Laura Studebaker, Karen Summers, Katie Thomas, and Jessica Ulbrich. The individuals were chosen for demonstrating leadership skills, teamwork, initiative, and a commitment to quality.
The highlight of the evening was naming the "2008 Employee of the Year," which is selected from among the "Employee of the Month" recipients. This year, the honor went to Mary Jackson in the hospital’s Outpatient Clinic. Mary has worked for more than 20 years at MCH and was nominated for her dedication to her work and to her patients.
Phyllis Follrod, RN was also recognized for her 45 years of service to the hospital. Phyllis is a familiar face in the OB department and has assisted with the delivery of the third generation of babies.
Employees also honored for reaching service milestones include:
Also receiving special recognition was "Cups for Caring" recipient, Ray Boggs, RN and Team Leader on Unit 1. Ray was recognized for his contributions in the past year. "Cups for Caring" is a program where employees are nominated for exceptional service in one of the following areas: caring – demonstrating exceptional kindness to a patient; commitment – going "above and beyond" or taking on an unwelcome assignment; creativity – contributing ideas or solutions that improve services or save money; and competency – exceptional effort and results in performing job responsibilities.
- 35 Years of Service: Lynn Daily and Teri Turvy
- 30 Years of Service: Milly McNutt, James Walls and June Webb
- 25 Years of Service: Beverly Wilson
- 20 Years of Service: Karen Baldwin, Anita Stringer and Robert Toller
- 15 Years of Service: Catherine Chamberlain, Melinda Freeman, and Ronnie Lewis.
- 10 Years of Service: Thomas Daugherty, Robin Hastings, Shirley Kramer, James Markel, Dorothy Morrison, Jeanne Reynolds, Melissa Ridenour, Karen Willis and Susan Wilson.
- 5 Years of Service: Lisa Bunch, Tammy Bush, Betsy Carter, Melissa Fielding, Beth Green, Sandra Hess, Peggy Malone, Natalie Nance, Mary Napper, Margaret Ray, Vince Riano, Danielle Sanders, Patricia Tabit, Ashlee Thompson, Karen Uhrman, Cheryl Unangst, Jennifer West and Ellen Willard.