OSU MyChart Login
 
News and events
Komen Columbus gives $69k to Madison County
April 9, 2013

The Madison County Hospital Foundation was recently awarded $69,912 from the Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure to provide mammograms and other diagnostic services to Madison County residents who cannot afford services.

 

The MCH Foundation is one of 20 breast health programs to receive more than $1.4 million in funding from Komen Columbus.

 

“The need is great in our community and we are happy to partner with 20 programs in our 30-county area to help provide vital breast health services to thousands of women and men in our communities,” said Katie Carter, Executive Director of Komen Columbus.  “It's exciting to see the potential impact that these grantees will have in delivering life-saving breast health services to the uninsured and underinsured in our area.”

 

The MCH Foundation will use their Komen Columbus funds to continue their Cure Your Fears program that includes providing mammograms at no out-of-pocket cost. The program also provides complimentary services such as ultrasound, breast MRI, biopsies, and support services for breast cancer survivors.

 

"With this grant from Komen Columbus and through our Breast Cancer Endowment Fund, we are able to help residents of Madison County who feel they cannot afford breast cancer screenings or treatment," said Kelly Snyder, Executive Director of the MCH Foundation.

 

The funds that make these programs possible are due to the generosity of Komen Columbus supporters – notably the more than 45,000 people who participated in the 2012 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure. Komen Columbus has raised more than $25 million since it began in 1993; 75 percent of that money stays in its 30-county service area and is used to conduct breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The other 25 percent goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure to fund global breast cancer research programs.

 

For more information about Komen Columbus, please visit www.komencolumbus.org or call the Komen Columbus office at (614) 297-8155.

Related info
Madison County Hospital
210 North Main Street
London, Ohio 43140
Directions and maps
Toll free: 866.357.4677
Local: 740.845.7000
Contact us