Health Tip: Easing Neck Pain at Night
-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you wake up most days with pain below your chin, there are a few things you can try to alleviate this pain in the neck.
The Harvard Medical School suggests:
- Sleep either on your back or your side. These positions place the least strain on your neck.
- Back sleepers should opt for a pillow that supports the neck's curve, with a flatter section that supports the head.
- Consider a feather pillow that will mold itself around the neck.
- Use a pillow made with memory foam, which will shape itself around the head and neck.
- Do not use a pillow that is very tall or firm.
- Use a horseshoe-shaped pillow to support your neck while riding in a plane or car, or while watching television.
- Side sleepers should opt for a pillow that is taller under the neck area than under your head, so your spine stays straight.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.