Health Tip: Help Prevent Acne Scars
Wash skin twice daily
-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Proper skin care can minimize acne and help prevent scarring.
The Womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Wash skin carefully twice per day, and after heavy sweating.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, from the hairline to below the jawline. Rinse thoroughly and avoid harsh scrubbing.
- Wash your hair daily, and more frequently if your hair is oily.
- Never pick or squeeze acne blemishes, which can lead to scarring.
- Take care to prevent sunburn. Some acne medications can make your skin more vulnerable to sunburn.
- Look for more acne-friendly (non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic) skin and hair care products.
- Avoid sports equipment, backpacks and other items that rub against skin.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.